Friday, January 13, 2012

Kyndale and Linkoln- Twins' C-section Birth Story Finale and Video

Started the 3rd installment and then decided to get a video together for it... so hoping that works out!  I was really hoping to get to bed at a decent time tonight, but I guess it's just not in me.

Back to the story..

I was briefed on all the procedures (Even though I had already asked every question I could think of to who turned out to be a tech.  Whoops!), drank some nasty stuff, and got prepped for the surgery (they put on some crazy leg things and a hair net).  Soon my Honey, Nana, and Sisty arrived.  The nurse laid Dale's scrubs on the table and Dale asked "is this it?"  "Yep."  After she left, he looked at me and serious as can be asked "So do I leave my underwear on?"  Sisty, Nana and I laughed hard and loud.  After we settled down we wiped tears from our faces and I headed down the hall.  I had only an IV with B's LD, so all this was very new.  I got in the room and the anesthesiologist had me lean over the table as she gave me the spinal tap.   Then I was strapped down to the bed.  I felt normal until she took a cold cloth and touched my face and arm with it, then she went on the other side of the curtain and touched my tummy and I could feel the pressure, but no temp.  Soon the Dr, nurses, students (I couldn't so no), and Dale arrived.  In no time Kyndale was born.  As soon as Dale saw her, he said she's Kyndale (we were still unsure if she would be Kyndale or Lainey).  She was a grunter like B and worried the nurses a bit, but other than that she was perfect and beautiful.  Her lashes were long and perfect.  And even though she didn't cry, she made plenty of noise.  She was also covered thick in white stuff, so yes I didn't kiss her too much! Our Daughter! Then 40 seconds later, Link was born.  He didn't worry the nurses because he cried enough for the 2 of them.  He looked like he had already had a bath compared to big sis.  Dr said the babies were too cute and made the nurses bring them back over before they left the room.  After I saw them both for the second time and they went to meet their Nana and Aunt Sisty, I began to get the woozy feeling.  I remember saying, I don't feel good and having the kidney bean pan next to my face (as if!).  Thankfully Dr worked quickly and less than an hour from leaving my room I returned.  I wish I could say what happened next, but I honestly can't remember much.  Just a jumble of feedings, nurses, and sweet sweet babies.


Images taken by my Sisty and Honey. And this is why I want to do birth photography!

Because the nurses were worried about Kyndi's lungs the on call ped had them start anti-biotics through an IV.  Poor little darling was such a trooper as it kept coming out and had to be put back in.  She also wasn't great at eating at first and so I pumped (yes it can be done!) and feed her with a syringe until she got the hang of it.  Link latched right on and nursed for 20 mins solid!  More on nursing twins later.

Song- Who's My Pretty Baby by Elizabeth Mitchell

2 comments:

  1. That video is awesome and I LOVE the song. Vicky M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Made me cry. I just love your sweet little family so much!!! Aunt Penny

    ReplyDelete